Solved

Access by Tenant

• 4 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Denali SP1 - How do I restrict access to a Tenant to a select group of users?  I need only a select few people to have access to a newly defined Tenant.   So, I will have

Domain1 -  Tenant1 and Tenant 2

User1 will need access to Tenant1 and Tenant2

User2 will only need access to Tenant1.

How do I accomplish this ?

icon

Best answer by Rajini.kanth 5 January 2022, 12:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

We can specify the Tenants, reports to which Users can have access under Role Template Other Configuration.

Please follow the below steps:

STEP: 1 Create two role templates under AdminBasic > Users > Role Template configuration.

Ex: - Template Names listed below.

1. Tenant1_Role_Template

2. Tenant2_Role_Template

Please click on the below link to know how to Configure a Role Templates

https://docs.symphonysummitai.com/display/DS/Configuring+Role+Templates

STEP: 2 Please map the Tenants under the role templates.

Ex: -

• The Tenant1_Role_Template should have Tenant1 access under below path.

Role Template - Other Configuration – General Screens - Tenant >> Select Tenant1 > Click SUBMIT.

• The Tenant2_Role_Template should have Tenant2 access under below path.

Role Template - Other Configuration – General Screens - Tenant >> Select Tenant2 > Click SUBMIT

Please click on the below link to know how to add Role Template other configuration: https://docs.symphonysummitai.com/display/DS/Role+Template+Other+Configuration

STEP: 3 We can define the access details for the User under the ACCESS tab. Please assign the right Role Templates to the User. Based on the Role Templates assigned to the User, User has access to the specific Tenants.

1. Select Admin > Basic > Users > User List. The USER LIST page is displayed.

2. Click on the user id > Go to ACESS tab > select the Template under Link Role Templates To User > Click SUBMIT

Ex: -

• User1 will need access to Tenant1 and Tenant2

• Please assign the Tenant1_Role_Template & Tenant2_Role_Template role template to User 1

• User2 will only need access to Tenant1.

• Please assign the Tenant1_Role_Template role template to User 2

Note: Please use “ROLE TEMPLATE MAPPING” option if we have multiple users to map the role template. We can map the role template by using Location / Customer /User options.

1. Select Admin> Basic > Users > Role Template.

2. Click the configured Template Name. (Tenant1_Role_Template)

3. Click on the Role Template Mapping under ACTIONS panel.

4. Click on the Add New under ACTIONS panel.

5. Please select the values (Location / Customer /User) under Map Role Template To dropdown and do the mapping based on the requirement.

6. Click SUBMIT.